Allied’s Service Technicians are multi-functional, inspecting buildings, performing repairs or readiness work including framing and finish carpentry, light electrical, flooring, plumbing, painting, running gear, and more to our fleet of modular buildings.
- Act in accordance with Allied Trailers Safety and Transportation Policies.
- Attend periodic safety meetings.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Operate a company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record free from points.
Fleet & Repair and Maintenance
- Perform repairs to mobile office trailers including framing and finish carpentry, electrical, flooring, plumbing, painting, running gear, and all other facets of modular building repair.
- Provide courteous customer service as needed over the phone and in person. Explain all repairs and services to customers.
- Perform service related tasks in the yard and on jobsites as requested.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for service calls.
- Perform HVAC system checks and maintenance per company guidelines.
- May be assigned duties at field locations as business needs.
Education and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment is a must.
- Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communications skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, shop personnel as well as Allied employees at various branch locations.
- Must have carpentry knowledge and experience.
- Electrical, plumbing, and welding experience is a plus.
- A current valid driver’s license and a clean record are required.
- Steel toe shoes must be worn at all times along with safety glasses and reflective vest.
- Hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm (or completion of schedule)