Credit & Collections / Account Receivables
Accountability: Reports to Credit/Collections Supervisor
Contacts customers with delinquent accounts, initiates appropriate action, and maintains records.
- Reviews status of delinquent accounts and initiates collection action by contacting each account according to due date, making a minimum of 50 contacts per day.
- Notifies customers of delinquent accounts according to due dates.
- Prepares correspondence on delinquent accounts requiring special handling.
- Skip-traces accounts according to established practice.
- Initiates appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable.
- Researches disputed delinquent account balances. Notifies Managers of needed corrections of any errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges, direct deposit errors, and overpayments from insurance errors.
- Initiates repossession orders as authorized, mail customer correspondence to pay balance in 30 days.
- Reviews accounts to be recommended for charge-off and assists in report preparation.
- Participates in the monthly Past Due meeting and reports status of all delinquent accounts assigned.
- Responsible for neatness of work area, security of member files, and reports of delinquent accounts.
- Generates reports for management.
- Assists in special projects as requested.
- Two to three years experience in credit and collection work.
- Has a working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and state and federal laws concerning collection activities.
Allied Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer